Thursday, January 8, 2009

Love, The Absent-minded Pregnant Girl...


I took a pretty bad spill on Friday afternoon, but the good news is the baby is okay. I tripped over a baby gate while carrying a bucket full of dirty water (I was mopping the kitchen floor). I have about 15 bruises and scrapes, but I'm just glad everything else is okay. I was pretty upset and scared and after talking to my nurse and my pharmacist, I felt better. Andy came home early that day and we had to do self-observations for the next 6-8 hours. We had to check for movement, spotting, or cramping. Thankfully I did not have any spotting or cramping. We had a hard time trying to feel the baby, though, but that is because I have an anterior placenta and will not feel much movement throughout my entire pregnancy. She does like to kick my sides, though, when she feels her daddy's hand on me.


On Sunday, I was backing the car out of the garage and I slammed it into the frame of the garage door and ripped it right off. I could tell Andy was a bit perturbed, but realized I am just so out of it these days, and he let it go. Thanks, dear. : )


Then yesterday I completely forget to go to work in the evening. I even looked at my schedule yesterday and thought, oh good I don't have to work tonight. I got a call around 7pm from the pharmacy and realized I had looked at the schedule completely wrong. Andy and I were laughing about it and then I just started to get upset and frustrated because I am not a ditz, I am not a klutz, and I am a good driver! Being pregnant can be amazing, but it also makes me feel so not myself anymore. Thankfully I have a very sweet boyfriend that reminds me that it's okay and he laughs with me about it.


Tonight Andy is taking me on a shopping spree....sort of. It's not really any clothes that I want to buy, but I need to. I am very uncomfortable in my clothes when I am at work, so I need to find clothes with more comfortable materials. I am vowing to not wear maternity clothes, as I cannot stand them, and hoping to just find some cute, stretchy outfits in juniors. I also need new shoes because all my shoes feel really small.


The baby showers are being planned as we speak and I am very excited for them! Tara and my Grandma have been discussing plans and they are going to coordinate with Nicole on her ideas. Amanda has just started working on my shower details for the Indianapolis area and I also talked with Autumn about being a part of it, tool, and Amanda is going to also involve Andy's mom, Ann. I think with all these fantastic people involved, they will be great showers! I am super excited about them and I appreciate my friends and family offering to do these things for me. My mom would have thrown me an amazing shower and since she cannot be here to do this, I know these ladies will step up into her place and make me proud. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment