Wednesday, February 18, 2009





Let's see...last Wednesday I had another OB appt. I have officially graduated to going to the Dr. every 2 weeks now! We've tagged third base and we're on our way home now...


I had a Glucose Tolerance test, which I'm assuming I did okay on because they didn't call me to come back in and I felt great the whole time. Andy and I did basic stuff like hearing the heartbeat, etc. We were also told that she has moved into place now and I hope she settles there and stays that way! I also had a lovely cervical exam and found out I was NOT dilated yet - yay. I gained three pounds, I believe, so total weight gain is around 7.5/8lbs. Right now I am 29 weeks and the baby is measuring about 5 days bigger, so either we're off on the due date or she's going to be a big baby!




We are still undecided on names, but Andy is leaving all next week for a trade show in Nashville that he has to go to for work, but he is planning on taking all the baby name books. I've already finished reading them and am happy with our 2 names choices, but I want him to read the rest of them to see if anything else pops out at him. I want to have a name picked by our first baby shower because that is the big question everyone asks you!


And speaking of baby showers, Amanda worked super hard this weekend and got all the invites for the Indy shower out yesterday, so everyone should start receiving them soon! I look forward to seeing them because they sounded really cute over the phone!


Valentine's Day/weekend was wonderful this year and I hope everyone else enjoyed theirs, too. Andy and I relaxed all day on Saturday and ran errands. Then he asked me what I wanted to do for dinner and of course, I was being a bit crabby about it because I hate thinking about cooking food or figuring out what won't give me heartburn. So I walked into our kitchen and he had a whole dinner (not made yet) laid out on the island. He had 2 strip steaks, a baked potato, rolls, and a spinach salad with apples and feta. It was all so very sweet! And he had hid the whole thing from me in the fridge and cabinets! But, that morning I had come down with a really bad cold/allergies and wasn't feeling too well, so we decided to put off this dinner until Monday evening. So, we went to good old McDonalds and got ourselves some dinner there instead. Andy also presented me with a couple gifts and a sweet card. He bought me this amazing necklace that I wanted so bad to wear now and to my baby showers. It is supposed to represent a seed growing or something like that, but regardless, I loved it and what it meant to me becoming a new mother. He also got our daughter a new sock monkey for her nursery. It is really cute with more of pastel colors and what not. So, Monday rolled around and he made me a wonderful steak dinner and he made a fire and we watched The Bachelor (of course). It was perfect. Thanks, sweetie!


Andy and the baby have also come up with a little "game" they like to play in the middle of the night. He pushes on my stomach until he wakes her up and then she pushes him back. They go back and forth and it's really the sweetest thing ever. I honestly believe she is sitting in there giggling and knowing that she is playing with her daddy. But, really, it's so cute and I love that they do it.


I have been sick all week with a cold, etc. and yesterday morning I woke up shaking for like 10 minutes and couldn't stop. I felt like I was freezing, but I didn't have a fever. Andy and I went into the dr. that morning, and basically I just have a virus and have to let it run it's course. My heart rate was super high though. One time it was 122 and another time it was 148! But, that's when Jack was in the room with me running around while the Dr. was trying to talk to me and I think he made my heart rate skyrocket! I have a rapid heart beat anyway, so it wasn't really a surprise to me or anything alarming and the dr. didn't think anything of it. I'm definitely out of shape, carrying more weight than usual, and have higher levels of stress. It could be from any of those, really.


That's all. Andy will be leaving me for 6 days starting on Tuesday so please keep me company and check on me while he is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment